Hey guys, this is the first time I’m trying my take on something that’s not necessarily considered inspiring. It’s more of one of those things that people click on because there curious, plain bored, or just happened to glance over when scrolling through their newsfeed.
I have to admit, I’m a romantic type of girl, who reads her daily dose of romantic/chick lit novels (summer time,) and places herself in the shoes of the main character. The main character who gets sprinkled with enormous amounts of super romantic moments that I’m just like I wish that happened in real life.
Okay so you probably want me to get to the point, but these ten things are like the best concoctions of things that I’ve read about or watched on romantic movies. Welllll most of these things take place in the beautiful city of Vancouver but you get the point.
10. Biking along the sea wall of Stanley Park to the heart of Downtown Vancouver, we’ll be laughing and reminiscing over our childhood moments and stopping to take off our shoes at the beach to take those quote and instagram worthy pictures. Then we’ll race around the seawall into False Creek and Granville Island. Maybe hop off and stop for some gelato, and giggle over smears of ice cream on our faces, then we might get back on our way. Maybe after some time, we’ll get tired, and just stop at a nearby cafe again and talk about our future, who we are and who we think we’ll be.
9. Baking in the kitchen together randomly. No preparations but just digging right into whatever it is I’m craving that day. We’ll be tuning into Songza, and turning on the happy pop and dancing ourselves around the kitchen while fluffs of flour bounce through the air. We’ll be laughing and cracking jokes, and things will get messy. But I mean life’s all a big mess, but yet I’m with you, so things will be fine. You’re here, and that’s all I need because we’ll be there together to clean up the big mess. You might throw some flour on my favourite teacher and I might just crack an egg on your head and make you clean it up even though it was my fault. Then we’ll hungrily eat up our masterpieces and giggle about our most embarrassing moments.
8. Maybe you’ll call me up and say, ” Hey are you busy tonight?” And I’ll surprisingly say,” No I’m actually not,” and you’ll pick me up in your car, and we’ll ride off into the sunset. Once we’ve arrived, I’ll finally realize where I am. And then I would have realized you took me to an outdoor movie. We’ll cuddle because even though it was hot, it will soon be cold. And we’ll get free popcorn and find a good spot. And just watch the movie that we might just to be too old to watch but at least I have you beside me to watch it with together. Then you’ll piggy back me back to the car, and kiss me good night, and I’ll conclude that was a good date.
7. When the weathers good, and the suns out but there’s zephyrs drifting through the air, we’ll go climb Grouse Mountain. We’ll wake up early in the morning and eat a good breakfast. Then I’ll meet you up at the skytrain, and we’ll just talk and talk and talk until we finally get to the base. Then I’ll giggle and say, sure I exercise a lot but I’m not an athletic girl. But you’ll be nice and say it’s fine. We stretch and crank up our tunes, and it’s time to hit hell on stairs. We’ll be drenched in sweat, our lungs burnings, and maybe you’ll be slowing down your pace just for me. I think I’m dying but yet I like it because it reminds me of life. Even when you think you’re in so much pain, you keep going. It’s what you and I do. When life hurts you, you get right back up again, and keep going until you’ve reached your goal or our case the top. We’ll rest for a bit and get a smoothie. And then climb up to the really top. We’ll romantically look into each other’s eyes and know that there’s no one else I’d rather be with right now. In front of us, the whole of Vancouver looks back at me. I see the 360 restaurant, and I can even see my house in Surrey! There’s Canada Place, and so much more. Then we’ll go down the gondala, and you’ll tell me about your aspirations and regrets. Then we’ll eat dinner on the mountain, watching the sun go down.
6. Maybe if we’re lucky the meteor shower might be on again this year. And you’ll take my hand as we climb up to the highest hill on Burnaby Mountain where I grew up. It will be the wakes of the early morning, and I’ll be so sleepy but your corny jokes will keep me up. I’ll see people lighting up these lanterns that can fly away, and you’ll be able to hunt one down for me so I can light one away too. Then I’ll place my head on your shoulder and you’ll tell me deep stuff and things you haven’t told anyone before. We’ll pour out all our secrets, and hope that the sky full of stars will give us new hopes and wishes. When the shower beings, we’ll point and gasp and be all excited, because this only happens once in a lifetime, yet I’m here with and no one else.
5. After work someday, you’ll take me on a hike through hills and forests and surprise me with some kind of picnic basket you made. We’ll eat our dinner, and talk about our family, and then we’ll lie down pointing at the stars. Our heads will touch and the warmth of your body will radiate and keep me safe. We’re just a pair of star-crossed lovers they’ll say.
4. If I’m lucky, I might get to go Hawaii. We’ll hold our hands together as we swing around the beach. And you’ll place these beautiful seashells in my hand, and we’ll make sand castles together. We’ll chase each other, splash each other, and you’ll throw me in the water and I’ll pretend to drown, then I’ll pull you in too! If we’re super duper lucky, we’ll see two dolphins that will let us ride them, and bring us into the sunset.
3. We’ll go jogging at night one day, when night’s coming near. And people start to trickle out, and while the sweats pouring down and we smell so stinky, we’ll walk to the playground where the swings are. We’ll laugh like little kids that have flown for the first time. And we’ll pump our legs higher and higher until we touch the sky. We don’t have to talk, we just need to listen, because the crickets tell our song, the silence is ours.
2. We’ll drive to Whistler to ski together maybe you might snowboard, but when we’re done and our backs rolling with sweat, we’ll zip line down Blackcomb and be exhilarated. And when that’s all done, and it’s night time, and all the couples are skating somewhere, we’ll join them and pretend to be like Tessa and Scott at the Winter Olympics. Even though I want to be one of those girls who can’t skate and hold onto you dearly, I’m not. So I’ll be zipping around the rink and you’ll have to chase me!
1.One day, we’ll go to drink tea with our desserts, and you’ll tell me about your faith and how much it’s impacted you. And we’ll just talk and talk about all these things, and how we want to change the world, and how we want to be better people<3 with each other.
Leave a Reply